Updating from PB 2.3.6.1 to 2.3.7.1 on Raspberry Pi 3

PhantomBot Version: 2.3.7.1
OS Version: Raspberry Pi 3
Java Version: Latest
Browser and Version (for Panel Support):
Stock PhantomBot: Yes

Let us know what help you need:

You had a knowledgebase file at some point describing how to update Phantombot easily with for Raspberry Pi / Linux users. However, you seem to have updated your website / knowledgebase. And now I can’t find the page, nor know how to update Phantombot hassle free.

Can someone guide me on how to do it easily please? I already did all the setup earlier for Phantombot v2.3.6.1, and just want to transfer from one version to the next without having to restart everything.

I’m not 100% sure since I don’t deal with Linux, but have you possibly checked out this guide? Ubuntu 16.04 LTS Setup Guide

The guide for updating found here covers any operating system.

As I mentioned earlier, I’ve already done the setup for Linux/Ubuntu. I’ve used this file to do the initial setup of my Raspberry Pi. However, there was another knowledgebase file which had the instructions for easy updating on Linux. Since the website update, it was taken down.

As for what you just mentioned Kojitsari, that covers Windows and Mac. It doesn’t mention how to easily update for Linux.

It’s the exact same regardless of it specifying for linux.

• Download new bot, and extract it the same way you did the first time.
  • Copy over the botlogin.txt and the database file like the guide mentions
1 Like

I was about to ask whether it was as simple as copying files from one version to the next. It seems like it is. Thank you.

closed #7

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.