Stops Responding If Non-Existent Command Is Input

Java Version: 1.8.0_211-b12
OS Version: Windows 10 10.0 (x86)
Panel Version: 1.0.0
PhantomBot Version: 3.0.0 (Revision: fcc08b51)

I don’t see anything in the logs about an error on this. So, I don’t know what to help you out with for bug information.

1. I am logged into the bot account.
  2. I put in a command that exists.
  3. The bot responds correctly.
  4. I put in a non-existent command.
  5. The bot doesn’t respond. (expected)
  6. I put in a command that exists.
  7. The bot doesn’t respond. (error)
  8. This behavior of not responding continues until I restart the bot.

Any fixes out there?

Do you mean that you logged into Twitch running commands as the bot account?

Yes, the bot account is “ThisPlace”.

I am logged in on Twitch as “ThisPlace” and entering commands.

Oh, just realized something that might be odd about my setup. Even though I think it’ll have little effect on this issue. My “Bot Account” and “Streamer/Broadcaster Account” are the same account. They are both “ThisPlace”

That is known to occasionally cause weird quirks in the way the bot runs, yes

If you have any errors at all that occur right around the time that the issue occurs, please post them, even if they don’t appear to be related to the issue. You never know when they may actually be the key to finding the root cause.

Hey hyubusa,

This doesn’t really have anything to do with commands, if you chat with the account the bot is logged into before running a command, after that run a command it will probably not respond, I thought I had put in a fix for version 3.0.0, but maybe it was after the release.

Anyway, I would recommend you make an account just for your bot so you don’t run into these kinds of issues or with Twitch’s message rate limits. Yes, if you send too many messages from one account Twitch will lock you out of all chats (a global ban, normally 30 minutes, but can be higher depending on how you reached the limit)

If you wish to keep running the bot with your caster account, I would recommend that you add your account as a channel moderator, this could fix some of the issues.

/mod user_twitch_username

Edit:
The issue was indeed resolved after version 3.0.0, you can update the to nightly build to get the fix.

Thanks