`start phantombot` command won't work

PhantomBot Version: 2.3.9.1
OS Version: Ubuntu 16.04
Java Version: 1.8.0_131
Browser and Version (for Panel Support): Chrome (latest)
Stock PhantomBot: Yes

I’m updating my bot for the first time and following the guide provided here: How To Update PhantomBot

Everything has worked fine, until I run sudo systemctl start phantombot.
even when I try to run sudo /bin/systemctl start phantombot the bot still doesn’t run.

It works fine when I use ./launch.sh to run the bot.

I tried checking the files and ensure everything’s correct as before from the initial setup guide too (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS Setup Guide)

You probably forgot to chmod the files. If that’s not the issue, please provide any errors you might be getting.

cd phantombot
chmod u+x launch-service.sh launch.sh

I didn’t forget to run it, but tried it again just in case and still nothing happening unfortunately. Also not getting any errors being returned: https://i.imgur.com/eD6HrHY.png

Systemctl start command not working

I see you’re forgetting sudo, try sudo systemctl start phantombot then sudo systemctl status phantombot

When running:

it provides the following output: https://i.imgur.com/dXGdor3.png

● phantombot.service - PhantomBot
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/phantombot.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Sat 2017-10-28 20:38:49 UTC; 6s ago
  Process: 1841 ExecStart=/home/botuser/phantombot/launch-service.sh (code=exited, status=203/EXEC
 Main PID: 1841 (code=exited, status=203/EXEC)

Oct 28 20:38:49 umarrii systemd[1]: phantombot.service: Unit entered failed state.
Oct 28 20:38:49 umarrii systemd[1]: phantombot.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
lines 1-8/8 (END)
● phantombot.service - PhantomBot
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/phantombot.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Sat 2017-10-28 20:38:49 UTC; 6s ago
  Process: 1841 ExecStart=/home/botuser/phantombot/launch-service.sh (code=exited, status=203/EXEC)
 Main PID: 1841 (code=exited, status=203/EXEC)

Oct 28 20:38:49 umarrii systemd[1]: phantombot.service: Unit entered failed state.
Oct 28 20:38:49 umarrii systemd[1]: phantombot.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

Also, I appreciate the quick responses and assistance ^-^

Unable to start phantombot.service

Go to your PhantomBot directory, then use sudo chown -R botuser:botuser * and that should fix it. :slight_smile:

Yup, that solved the problem.

Many thanks for your help! :blush:

1 Like
closed #8

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.