Some or most default commands aren't responding

PhantomBot Version: 3.0.0 (Revision: fcc08b51)
OS Version: Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS
Java Version: 1.8.0_232-8u232-b09-0ubuntu1~18.04.1-b09
Browser and Version (for Panel Support): Chrome Version 79.0.3945.79 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Stock PhantomBot: Yes (Yes if you have not modified the scripts or Java Core)

Let us know what help you need:
Everything was working, all commands were working. But I was trying to debug an issue and used the !bot_name disconnect command in the Twitch chat. I restarted the bot to reconnect and it was successful, output:

Dec 24 19:41:04 tm-nuc01 launch-service.sh[23913]: [12-25-2019 @ 02:41:04.475 GMT] Connecting to Twitch WS-IRC Server (SSL) [irc-ws.chat.twitch.tv]
Dec 24 19:41:04 tm-nuc01 launch-service.sh[23913]: [12-25-2019 @ 02:41:04.668 GMT] Connected to [email protected] (SSL)
Dec 24 19:41:04 tm-nuc01 launch-service.sh[23913]: [12-25-2019 @ 02:41:04.734 GMT] Channel Joined [#tmimusic]
Dec 24 19:41:04 tm-nuc01 launch-service.sh[23913]: [12-25-2019 @ 02:41:04.817 GMT] justbottmi ready!
Dec 24 19:41:04 tm-nuc01 launch-service.sh[23913]: [12-25-2019 @ 02:41:04.894 GMT] Connected to Twitch Host Data Feed

But now only custom commands or just a few default commands appear to be working. I can’t use the !kill, !vod, !botcommands, !mods, or other commands. But I can use !commands, !age, !title, and some other commands.

If a feature is not working, please provide console output, output from chat, logs, some sort of additional information to help us troubleshoot and provide assistance as needed:

I also found this stacktrace error although I have no clue what this means.stacktrace-24-12-2019.txt (236.4 KB)

I have the same problem, is written in the console, but not in chat.

You need to enable the modules

I initially suspected that and checked to make sure they were enabled. I thought it would seem strange that default modules would be disabled after disconnecting the bot from the chat. Nevertheless I checked that the modules are enabled, the kill command or any of the game commands aren’t working. Many of the default core commands aren’t working but strangely some of the custom commands do work like the !commands work but the custom command botcommands doesn’t work which comes from the same module. All of the modules enabled in the screenshot don’t work. I see it in the console chat but no response.

Yeah I have the same issue too. Sometimes the commands work, sometimes not. There are some disconnection Message in the error logs

So, with me it’s enabled, otherwise the bot wouldn’t write that in the console. In the Twitch chat, however, nothing is written.
I once hung 2 Sceenshot.


If I want to try a re-install, do I use the update method: How To Update PhantomBot? What is the best method to try and do a reinstall?

Something I’ve noticed when the bot stops responding is that they no longer show up in permissions and i have to manually re-add it and give it casters permissions. I don’t know how it gets removed. Had anyone else noticed that? Although restarting the bot fixes this issue for me so it might be different

I think mine might be different as I don’t experience what you described. Although did give me an idea of resetting the commands. But the commands even core commands disappeared. Had to restart the bot to get them back. But none of that helped my situation either, still can’t execute commands or core commands.

Seems that mine is the opposite of yours, even though the modules are enabled, I don’t get any output from Twitch Chat or console. Only output is the commands that do work

I am at a lost here, I checked all modules that need to be enabled and verified they are enabled. But even commands from the core modules aren’t working. I don’t believe this is a case of enable the modules because the modules are enabled and still don’t work. And disabling them and re-enabling them don’t work either.

I did a re-install using the update method and still nothing. I also checked the logs after the re-install and I get a StackOverflowError. I am attaching the logs from core-error and stacktraces.

From core-error log directory
04-01-2020-core-error.txt (288.0 KB)

From stacktraces log directory
04-01-2020-stacktraces.txt (288.0 KB)

I’m not sure what else I can try and test or debug.

The trace from the StackOverflowException suggests that you may have an alias that is calling itself, creating an infinite loop.

You may want to consider just deleting (after backing up, of course) your PhantomBot/config/phantombot.db file so you start fresh and then re-creating your custom commands and settings. Just make sure your aliases don’t loop back on themselves in any way.

You can also use DB Browser for SQLite to manually edit the DB while the bot is offline and try to find/remove the offending alias.

1 Like

Thanks, that solved my issue. While I didn’t actually delete the DB, I did delete all the command aliases from the web portal. Since it was easy to do it that way as I didn’t have a lot of aliases. Re-started the bot and now all commands work again.