Receiving [401 Unauthorized] Message When Accessing Bot's Panel

PhantomBot Version:3.1.2
OS Version: Windows 10 10.0
Java Version: 11.0.4
Browser and Version (for Panel Support): Mozilla Firefox 75.0
Stock PhantomBot: Yes

Let us know what help you need: I am trying to access the bot’s panel, but upon updating the bot, I keep receiving a 401 Unauthorized message each time I try to access the panel from my web browser. I’m not entirely sure what the issue is or how to resolve it, and I haven’t been able to find a similar issue on the help forums. Anything in particular I’m doing wrong? And to clarify, the bot runs and operates fine with no issues, I just cannot access panel. I am entering my bot username and password in correctly as well, when prompted, and I’m still receiving this error message.

Open botlogin.txt and double-check that it has the correct info for paneluser= and panelpassword=

If it still isn’t working, try completely deleting those 2 lines (including deleting the line itself) and then manually typing it back in on new lines

Hi there,
I’ve got the same problem. Editing the lines did not help

Edit:
It seems that this is some kind of a Browser/Caching problem. If I use another browser or an private session with my standard one I can login to the botpanel without problems.
But clearing session-date/cookies/cache didnt help

Same Problem here. Doesnt matter if i delete the cache or something. Since there seemingly dont get any cookies written what so ever.

Can confirm. It works with another browser or in incognito mode, but when trying to access the dashboard I get the 401. Fun fact: It only happens why I try to access the dashboard via domain. When using the servers IP directly it works always first try.

Added some more detailed debugging info in this new edge build. You will have to add a line to the bottom of your botlogin.txt that says debugon=true to see it (console spam warning)

It should indicate to you which login info it expected and what it actually received (the arrows >< are added by me to identify spaces at the beginning/end of the data)

Also note that it blocks any non-ASCII (English) characters (you can unblock them by adding another line to botlogin.txt that says allownonascii=true)

For me it was due to me not remembering the correct password. The Problem is that if you type it in wrong once it will remember which pw you did type in and therefore not let you try again.

Created a new edge build that contains a proper login page, it will also redirect you back to the page if the login is wrong, instead of remembering the bad login.

The debug output that I mentioned above is still present

1 Like

Visit username:[email protected]:25000/panel to overwrite the auth cache from your browser and access the panel again.

1 Like