Oauth Wrong Format?

PhantomBot Version: 3.0.0
OS Version: Windows 10 64 bit
Java Version: 8
Browser and Version (for Panel Support):
Stock PhantomBot: Yes/No (Yes if you have not modified the scripts or Java Core) Yes

When I go to the link to get the Oauth, I log in and go to it and it does give me a token and the format isn’t oauth:123456 it looks more like oauth:1hhh3234ik5555j343k33lk3 and when I put it into the botlogin it tells me it doesn’t match Twitch. I have done it several times and the rresults have been the same every time.

when you add the oauth code did you remove the “Oauth:”?
I had to remove mine to get it to work. Or you can add it to your botlogin.txt (Root --> config --> botlogin.txt)
Just make sure if you add it manually that you have to bot switched off.

Could you show us the exact error from the logs? This will possibly tell us which Oauth key is having the error, since I am not sure if this is the Bot Oauth key or the API Oauth key.

Yes, the format of an oauth is oauth:the_oauth_key.

also dont forget the / in it in the botlogin.txt too

Try putting a backslash before the colon

oauth\:abc123

The class automatically processes it without a \ and will write it back out if there is a write operation later with a \ before the colon. I just re-verified this with my botlogin.txt.

Sorry guys, work has had me busy so I haven’t had time to work on this. But I do have it up and going now. Thanks everyone!

1 Like