MAC Install Help

PhantomBot Version: 3.0.0
OS Version: 10.15.1
Java Version: 13.0.1
Browser and Version (for Panel Support): Chrome (Unsure of Version?)
Stock PhantomBot: Yes

Let us know what help you need: Install for MAC

If a feature is not working, please provide console output, output from chat, logs, some sort of additional information to help us troubleshoot and provide assistance as needed:
I have followed all of the instructions. I did even try to install this using Java 8 (per instructions). I also thought that maybe it was version 3.0.0 or 3.0. I tried both and the terminal returned the same issue. My terminal kept producing the following:

Input -----
[email protected] PhantomBot % cd Documents/
mv PhantomBot-3.0 PhantomBot
cd PhantomBot/
chmod u+x launch-service.sh
chmod u+x launch.sh

Return -----
cd: no such file or directory: Documents/
mv: rename PhantomBot-3.0 to PhantomBot: No such file or directory
cd: no such file or directory: PhantomBot/
[email protected] PhantomBot %

Also including a screenshot that shows that the download is in the Documents folder per the instructions.

The [email protected] PhantomBot % shows that you were already in the PhantomBot directory, that is why the cd and mv commands failed. The PhantomBot right before the % shows your current directory

Your chmod commands succeeded. You are ready to launch the bot

1 Like

So that is fine and dandy, but it isn’t working:

[email protected] PhantomBot % ./launch.sh
shell-init: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: Operation not permitted
/bin/bash: ./launch.sh: Operation not permitted

Try running it as root by using sudo ./launch.sh

It will ask for your password. Note that as a security feature, it will not print anything as you type your password, not even *'s

1 Like

Also make sure you did not delete the PhantomBot directory in any way while your terminal was open. If you did so you will have to cd .. then cd PhantomBot

1 Like

Trying it again. I had to uninstall Java 13 and had to give terminal access to something else. I will keep you posted!!!

I think it is working. :slight_smile:

Now, how do I get it to do everything without having to reenter all of the initial install steps. For instance, whenever I relaunch terminal, it doesn’t have the PhantomBot at the end of the command line for the terminal?

Thanks!

• Right-click (CTRL+Click if your mouse only has 1 button) launch.sh in Finder
  • Select Open With > Other….
  • Switch the selection window to show All Applications and locate Terminal
  • Ensure that Always Open With has a check mark then click OK

This will then allow you to just double-click launch.sh in the future

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.