We’re making this post so address questions you guys are asking. A lot of changes were introduced in version 2.3.9, we totally understand your concerns regarding this big update. If you have any questions not mentioned in this topic, please reply below and we will do our best to help you.
How do I update to version 2.3.9?
- Updating to version 2.3.9 is done the same way as before, you only need to copy your
phantombot.dbfiles over to your new folder. If you have any custom sounds, alerts, or scripts, you will have to copy those as well. Once you launch version 2.3.9 for the first time, your
alertswill be moved into the
configfolder making it easier to update next time.
How do I use the new rank and permission syncing feature?
- Once you have the bot fully setup in your Discord server, you can simply use the !rolemanager command to access the toggles for this feature. For now, this feature isn’t on the control panel.
How can I assign roles to new users in Discord?
- On the control panel, under the Discord section, simply go to the
greetingstab and set a role name you want users to have when joining.
Why aren’t communities auto-completing on the control panel like game titles?
- Unfortunately, Twitch doesn’t allow us to search for communities, we can only look them up by the exact name.
Can I rename a role that the bot has created to be synced on users?
Will we be able to sync our followers to a role?
- No, this is basically impossible and requires a lot of bot resources and hitting the Twitch API a lot.