How can I make the writefile variable write a user's TTV username and their arguments and readfile read the same line that it just created for the user?

PhantomBot Version: Latest Stable (Can’t tell which version…)
OS Version: Mac OSX High Sierra
Java Version: I don’t know.
Browser and Version (for Panel Support): Safari. Yet again, I don’t know the version… Lol
Stock PhantomBot: Yes/No (Yes if you have not modified the scripts or Java Core) No? I added one custom script that doesn’t work…

Let us know what help you need:
Right now I’m trying to either create a script or a command to write and retrieve text from a user’s input. As of today, I’ve finally gotten my stubborn self to look at the Command Variables page and it says readfile and writefile, but I can’t figure out how to read a line that the user’s arguments created. I currently have a script in my ‘/scripts/commands/’ folder, which I used to have on the root of my PhantomBot directory. I don’t know what I did wrong in this script and, tbh, I just copied the code from another thread from here, https://community.phantombot.tv/t/add-a-property-to-a-user/1964/4 Also, there were no Console Errors.

I just can’t figure this out. Is there a way to make the readfile make a line on a TXT file with the user’s TTV username and then use readfile to grab that and relay it to chat?

Here’s my code for the script:

(function() {
    $.bind('command', function(event) {
        var sender = event.getSender();
        var command = event.getCommand();
        var args = event.getArgs();

if (command.equalsIgnoreCase('myfc')) {

var arrayVar = $.readFile('./fc.txt');
            $.setIniDbString('myfc', sender, args[0]);
            $.getIniDbString('myfc', sender, 'Not provided');
            $.say(str);
            return;

if (args[0] === undefined) {

$.say('Invalid Usage: Use Command !fc as !fc [YOUR FRIEND CODE HERE]');
                return;

};

};
    });

$.bind('initReady', function() {
        $.registerChatCommand('./scripts/commands/fc.js', 'myfc', 6);
    });
})();

And, yes, it is for 3DS and Switch Friend Codes.

Thank you!

This may have been confusing to some. I got the option to write to the .txt file working. Now all I have to do is figure out how to select the Username that (touser) is receiving. Can someone tell me how to query that?

Thanks!

Here is a quick script i think this does what you want??? just change the getFriendCode() area to what you need it as

PhantomBot/scripts/custom/commands/fcCommand.js

/**
 * fcCommand.js
 * Command handler to say a custom friendcode based on the current system.
 * Add new game definitions to the getFriendCode switch statement.
 */
(function() {
    var system = $.getSetIniDbString('fcSettings', 'system', 'switch');

function reloadSettings() {
        system = $.getIniDbString('fcSettings', 'system');
    }

function getFriendCode(system) {
        switch (system) {
            case "3ds":
                return "A cool name";
            case "switch":
                return "Another cool name";
            default: // Default means if the string game does not match any of the existing cases. keep this.
                return "Another name";
        }
    }

/**
     * @event command
     */
    $.bind('command', function(event) {
        var sender = event.getSender(),
            command = event.getCommand(),
            args = event.getArgs(),
            action = args[0],
            action2 = args[1];

if (command.equalsIgnoreCase('fc')) {
            if (!action) {
                $.say('My friendcode is ' + getFriendCode(system.toLowerCase()));
                return;
            } else {
                if (action.equalsIgnoreCase('system')) {
                    if (action2 !== undefined) {
                        $.setIniDbString('fcSettings', 'system', action2.toLowerCase());
                        $.say('System has been updated to ' + action2);
                        reloadSettings();
                    } else {
                        $.say(sender + ' Usage: !fc  system [SYSTEM] ');
                    }
                } else {
                    var fcUser = $.getIniDbString('fcUsers', action.replace("@", "").toLowerCase());
                    if (fcUser !== undefined) {
                        $.say(action + '\'s friendcode is ' + fcUser);
                    } else {
                        $.say(action + ' has no friendcode');
                    }
                }
            }
        }

if (command.equalsIgnoreCase('myfc')) {
            if (!action) {
                var fcUser = $.getIniDbString('fcUsers', sender);
                if (fcUser !== undefined) {
                    $.say(sender + ' your friendcode is ' + fcUser);
                } else {
                    $.say(sender + ' you have no friendcode. "!myfc [YOUR FRIEND CODE HERE]" to add one');
                }
            } else {
                $.setIniDbString('fcUsers', sender, action);
                $.say(sender + ' your friendcode has been set to ' + action);
            }
        }
    });

/**
     * @event initReady
     */
    $.bind('initReady', function() {
        if($.bot.isModuleEnabled('./custom/commands/fcCommand.js')){
            $.registerChatCommand('./custom/commands/fcCommand.js', 'fc', 2);
            $.registerChatSubcommand('fc', 'system', 1);

$.registerChatCommand('./custom/commands/fcCommand.js', 'myfc', 7);
        }
    });
})();

I’ll definitely try that out. How can I make it read a TXT file. I have added a command via the Add Command function in the Panel. How can I make another Command read that file for a specific TTV Username?
Here is the Command & response:
!setfc - (writefile fc.txt, true, (sender): (echo))
writefile fc.txt - Writes to that file.
(sender) - Prints the Sender’s Username in the TXT file.
(echo) - Prints the arguments the User types after using the !setfc command.

These items should be self-explanatory, but I typed it out just to be safe. I just didn’t know if readfile could find a specific word or phrase while reading my fc.txt file.

Thanks!

why use a read file when you can pretty much just use the database unless your trying to display it onto obs?

To make it all local. I don’t want to have to use DBs because it’s just too much for one command that only regulars and up can use. Plus I don’t really know how to code in this variation of language.
If there is a way to make readfile to find and echo that line of the TTV Username the Command User specified, if they didn’t, then their line, by looking up via (touser). Like I stated before, the !setfc command runs as (writefile fc.txt, true, (sender): (echo)) thus adding the Command User’s TTV Username to the TXT file as well as the Arguments passed.

Reitterating:
But all I want to do is read the line of the User who was specified’s Friend Code. All I want to do is look up a line of the TXT file that contains the specified User’s TTV Username.

I’m guessing I’d probably have to pass some extra (inner-?)variables for the Command to read (touser). Am I right?

This was the result of a test of the !setfc command:
29%20AM

I edited out my Friend Code, BTW.

you would need to do something even more complicated and save it as a json format then read the file as json its much easyer to do it the way i did then with files

OK, I will try to figure that out then. Thank you so much!

the other thing you can do is read and write to files of the users name that way there is only 1 line

Can’t you just do:

!addcom yourcommand (writefile test.txt, true, (sender) (echo))

Anything specific like regex and “friend code verification” will have to be in a script itself.

And you could easily retrieve the codes from a text file without it being in json format, you’d just have to structure the file in a way that you can easily identify keys. Problem with that is users may enter something you defined as a key as one of their values.

the other issue is you cant define what line to edit in a text file like if you have 12 users friend codes in 1 text file you cant edit just 1 of them without doing it the way that the ignore bots system does it

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.