!followhandler Discord message syntax

Java Version: 1.8.0_25-b17
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.11.6 (x86_64)
Panel Version: 1.1
PhantomBot Version: 2.4.1 (Revision: 6a2fb20d)
Stock PhantomBot: Yes

I have the bot setup in my discord and it’s responding to commands perfectly… I’m just having some issues with understanding syntax when establishing messages etc.

For example, I want him to announce followers etc in my #announcements channel but I can’t seem to locate anything about if there’s a proper way to setup the message so it includes the followers handle, or if it pulls it automatically.

The documentation just says !followhandler message [message] so I’m not sure what else to give it other than a generic message. Thanks!

Hi there! This makes me think that we should look at a FAQ to help with all of these tags. That aside:

The (name) tag is available. Will see about making a document, like I said above, to provide information like this in a one-stop-shopping place.

Cheers!

Thank you for the screenshot.

I was looking in the command knowledge base and writing the commands inside of discord where there were no tool tips like those pictured.

This is from the Control Panel. Web-based system for helping to drive the bot that is part of PhantomBot.

We also have a snazzy new Beta Panel that is completely revamped but, not quite complete yet (still missing a few items):

Cheers

I’m currently using the beta panel and it’s very useful… I wasn’t using it to define Discord commands (didn’t think you could). I did use it to toggle the modules though.

Glad to hear you like the beta panel! We are working to get Discord and other features put into it and are definitely looking forward to releasing the finished product.

closed #7

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.