Exception Handler - InvocationTargetException

So I’ve apparently had PhantomBot running in the background for the past week or so and it ended up generating about 75GB worth of error log files. Most of them were too big to open, but the latest one has only one error in about 750MB so i assume it’s the same error in the old files.

[06-09-2019 @ 01:45:31.304 GMT] [handleError()@ExceptionHandler.java:26] Failed to dispatch event [public void tv.phantombot.console.ConsoleEventHandler.onConsoleInput(tv.phantombot.event.console.ConsoleInputEvent)] to [[email protected]] null
[06-09-2019 @ 01:45:31.304 GMT] java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor70.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at net.engio.mbassy.dispatch.ReflectiveHandlerInvocation.invoke(ReflectiveHandlerInvocation.java:29)
at net.engio.mbassy.dispatch.MessageDispatcher.dispatch(MessageDispatcher.java:30)
at net.engio.mbassy.dispatch.FilteredMessageDispatcher.dispatch(FilteredMessageDispatcher.java:42)
at net.engio.mbassy.subscription.Subscription.publish(Subscription.java:72)
at net.engio.mbassy.bus.MessagePublication.execute(MessagePublication.java:49)
at net.engio.mbassy.bus.MBassador.publish(MBassador.java:66)
at tv.phantombot.event.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:75)
at tv.phantombot.console.ConsoleInputListener.run(ConsoleInputListener.java:32)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

PhantomBot Version: 3.0.0 (Revision: fcc08b51)
OS Version: Windows 10 10.0
Java Version: 1.8.0_172-b11
Browser and Version: Brave Version 0.64.77 [Chromium: 74.0.3729.169 (Official Build) (64-bit)]
Stock PhantomBot: Yes

Because it was running in the background, the handler was receiving empty (null) input. PhantomBot has two modes, interactive (expects to receive data from the Console) and non-interactive (running in the background). If you are running in the background on purpose, you can modify the batch file to no longer pass the -Dinteractive option to Java.

In a recent nightly build the error message was disabled which doesn’t correct the underlying issue but at least prevents the logs from growing. When I say issue I mean that PhantomBot will still continue to watch for data and will still be experiencing an exception, but will no longer log it.

Okay thank you! It was not running on purpose, but I’ll modify the batch file anyway just in case,

1 Like