[ERROR] Failed to change the status

PhantomBot Version: 3.0.0
OS Version: Windows 10 Professional (64bits)
Java Version: 1.8.0_221 (Running on Windows 10 10.0 (amd64))
Browser and Version (for Panel Support): Google Chrome 76.0.3809.100 (64bits)
Stock PhantomBot: Yes

Let us know what help you need:

Hello everyone,

I am currently having a little problem with the Phantombot panel, indeed, I would like to change the title and the game of my stream … But Twitch returns to me an answer HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden.

[08-30-2019 @ 15:38:49.483 GMT] [ERROR] [streamInfo.js:454] Failed to change the status. The Twitch API might be having issues.
[08-30-2019 @ 15:38:49.486 GMT] [ERROR] [streamInfo.js:455] {“status”:403,“message”:“Fail to auth.”,“error”:“Forbidden”,“error_code”:“error_auth_failure”}
[08-30-2019 @ 15:38:49.669 GMT] [ERROR] [streamInfo.js:425] Failed to change the game. The Twitch API might be having issues.
[08-30-2019 @ 15:38:49.683 GMT] [ERROR] [streamInfo.js:426] {“status”:403,“message”:“Fail to auth.”,“error”:“Forbidden”,“error_code”:“error_auth_failure”}

What is interesting here is to see that we are facing a problem of authentication … but everything works for example the chat, the commands, uptime, … all but the modification of the title and the game. I had this problem with others robot and I don’t really understand the reason … A problem with Twitch? API problem? I don’t know…

Thank you. :slight_smile:

Make sure the account that you created the APIOAuth key with is an editor on the channel and that the APIOAuth key included the channel_editor Write channel metadata (game, status, etc). permission (The permission should be included if you created the APIOAuth with PhantomBot | Connect with Twitch)

Hi, yes i have generate oauth with channel_editor.

https://phantombot.tv/oauth/index.html#access_token=secret_token_hidden&scope=channel_editor+channel_commercial+channel_subscriptions+chat_login&token_type=bearer

Also go into your streamer dashboard on Twitch and make sure the bot is an Editor

Oh. I had forgotten this step… Thank you very much for this solution. :slight_smile: