Error connecting

PhantomBot Version: 2.4.2
OS Version: windows 10 1809
Java Version: 8 Update 191
Browser and Version (for Panel Support):
Stock PhantomBot: Yes

Let us know what help you need:
When I double click the launch.bat file to run the bot it loads up but then after loading all the modules it kicks out a permission error and then keeps trying but failing to connect to a twitch url. I’ve tried a completely fresh copy of Phantom bot 2.4.2 but it still has the issue and it was working fine last week but since last night it’s been having this issue and I walked through all the steps for getting the oauth and put them in correctly. Please see the following screenshot of the console.

Are you still having issues? If so try new keys.
Seems twitch server not happy with you.

Yep still having issues and I tried new keys and didn’t fix the issue. The only thing that’s changed is I updated Java to the latest version and just noticed it does mention java in the error so this makes me wonder could it be caused by this? I don’t want to downgrade java as this latest has actually fixed another issue I was having with something else.

That’s a reference to a file, PhantomBot is written in Java. Not a reference to the runtime Java.

That error indicates the bot does not have access to pull the version from GitHub. There is a logs folder in the PhantomBot folder, go through the files in it and see if you find anything. Disconnections with Twitch are either due to a bad key or network issues. Or perhaps an account being banned may show itself similarly.

So I found 2 logs which say the same thing:

Log

[01-17-2019 @ 00:15:46.416 GMT] [readJsonFromUrl()@GitHubAPIv3.java:131] GitHubv3API::readJsonFromUrl::Exception: Permission denied: connect

[01-17-2019 @ 00:19:52.410 GMT] [readJsonFromUrl()@GitHubAPIv3.java:131] GitHubv3API::readJsonFromUrl::Exception: Permission denied: connect

[01-17-2019 @ 00:20:12.070 GMT] org.mozilla.javascript.EcmaError: TypeError: Cannot call method “getCommunities” of undefined (panelHandler.js#97)
at org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.constructError(ScriptRuntime.java:3951)
at org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.constructError(ScriptRuntime.java:3929)
at org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.typeError(ScriptRuntime.java:3962)
at org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.typeError2(ScriptRuntime.java:3981)
at org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.undefCallError(ScriptRuntime.java:3998)
at org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.getPropFunctionAndThisHelper(ScriptRuntime.java:2414)
at org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.getPropFunctionAndThis(ScriptRuntime.java:2407)
at org.mozilla.javascript.optimizer.OptRuntime.callProp0(OptRuntime.java:83)
at org.mozilla.javascript.gen.panelHandler_js_140._c_updateStreamData_7(panelHandler.js:97)
at org.mozilla.javascript.gen.panelHandler_js_140.call(panelHandler.js)
at org.mozilla.javascript.ContextFactory.doTopCall(ContextFactory.java:393)
at org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.doTopCall(ScriptRuntime.java:3282)
at org.mozilla.javascript.gen.panelHandler_js_140.call(panelHandler.js)
at org.mozilla.javascript.Context$1.run(Context.java:490)
at org.mozilla.javascript.Context.call(Context.java:501)
at org.mozilla.javascript.Context.call(Context.java:488)
at org.mozilla.javascript.JavaAdapter.callMethod(JavaAdapter.java:576)
at adapter1.run()
at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)

I have no idea what any of this means or if this is what you were on about

So I decided to uninstall Java and reinstalled it and the bot is now working

So the issue came up again today and after uninstalling Java 64bit the problem went away again however I kinda need the 64 bit version of Java due to Minecraft not running too well using the 32 bit version. Does Phantom bot not like 64 bit java or something?

Mine runs well on java 64bit, not sure why yours wouldn’t

I’m not sure either as it’s ran on 64 bit version before without any issue

I’ll see if I can reproduce and find a fix. I’ll let you know if I find anything, as of right now you could point phantombot to java 32 bit and have both 64 and 32 bit versions of java.

That seems to have done the trick :slight_smile: pointed it to 32 bit version and it’s running fine and I can have 64 bit version installed so everything seems to be working fine now, nice work around :slight_smile:

So the problem seems to have come back again :frowning:

I tried to tell it to use the 32 bit Java but it didn’t seem to fix it this time however uninstalling the 64 bit version of Java worked, such a confusing issue I’m having lol

Do you have an anti-virus that could possibly block certain apps from connecting to the internet? Sometimes anti-viruses can block Java apps that requests lots of data in a short amount of time, on startup PhantomBot query’s a lot of data from Twitch for your channel.

So after a bit of searching the web, it might be an issue with Windows’ IPv4 and IPv6 controller, so forcing PhantomBot to use IPv4 could fix it.

In the launch.bat file (right click and click edit) change the following line:

java -Dinteractive -Xms1m -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -jar PhantomBot.jar %1

to

java -Dinteractive -Xms1m -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -jar PhantomBot.jar %1

If that doesn’t work, your router or PC could be blocking the connection.

Sorry for delay in getting back, I tried that and it didn’t work, as of right now I cannot use phantom bot :frowning: but I will definitely check my firewall and router to see if anything has changed and if it’s being blocked although it shouldn’t be but I know how annoying updates can be

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.