Default commands

The default commands should be removable like the custom commands. Also should they be listed and editable like them. I need to edit some of them and its just laborious to edit them over the localization files.

Hopefully this will change in a future update. That’s the only thing to complain about imo.

Sincerely

CornFlakes

We once had the commands removable. That caused many challenges for folks. You can turn them off as needed.

Custom commands work nothing like built-in commands, a JavaScript editor is needed for handling several thousand lines of code for some commands. Some things are also built into Java and you would need to recompile the bot.

1 Like

Okay, but they should listet like the custom commands and that would make them easier to disable or to edit the response.

You go to the Localization Tab to edit the responses in the lang files.

There is not just a “response” in a script. Here is an example command:

/**
         * @commandpath rank - Display current rank.
         * @commandpath rank set [rankname] - Set rank for self if enough hours and points, if applicable, available in chat.
         * @commandpath rank del - Deletes customized rank.
         */
        if (command.equalsIgnoreCase('rank')) {
            if (args[0]) {
                if (args[0].equalsIgnoreCase('del')) {
                    if (inidb.exists('viewerRanks', sender.toLowerCase())) {
                        $.say($.whisperPrefix(sender) + $.lang.get('ranks.delself.success'));
                        $.inidb.del('viewerRanks', sender.toLowerCase());
                    } else {
                        $.say($.whisperPrefix(sender) + $.lang.get('ranks.delself.404'));
                    }
                    return;
                }

if (args[0].equalsIgnoreCase('set')) {
                    if (!args[1]) {
                        if ($.bot.isModuleEnabled('./systems/pointSystem.js')) {
                            $.say($.whisperPrefix(sender) + $.lang.get('ranks.set.usage', rankEligableTime, rankEligableCost, $.pointNameMultiple));
                        } else {
                            $.say($.whisperPrefix(sender) + $.lang.get('ranks.set.usage.nopoints', rankEligableTime));
                        }
                        return;
                    }

customRank = args.splice(1).join(' ');

if (userTime >= rankEligableTime &&
                        ($.bot.isModuleEnabled('./systems/pointSystem.js') && $.getUserPoints(sender) > rankEligableCost) || !$.bot.isModuleEnabled('./systems/pointSystem.js')) {
                        $.say($.whisperPrefix(sender) + $.lang.get('ranks.set.success', customRank));
                        $.inidb.set('viewerRanks', sender.toLowerCase(), customRank);
                            $.inidb.decr('points', sender.toLowerCase(), rankEligableCost);
                        }
                        return;
                    }

$.say($.whisperPrefix(sender) + $.lang.get('ranks.set.failure', rankEligableTime, $.pointNameMultiple, rankEligableCost));
                    } else {
                        $.say($.whisperPrefix(sender) + $.lang.get('ranks.set.failure.nopoints', rankEligableTime));
                    }
                    return;
                }
            }

if ($.inidb.exists('viewerRanks', username.toLowerCase())) {
                $.say($.lang.get('ranks.rank.customsuccess', username, $.inidb.get('viewerRanks', username.toLowerCase())));
                return;
            }

if (ranksTimeTable === undefined) {
                loadRanksTimeTable();
            }

if (ranksTimeTable.length == 0) {
                $.say($.whisperPrefix(sender) + $.lang.get('ranks.rank.404'));
                return;
            }

userLevel = -1;
            for (var i = 0; i < ranksTimeTable.length; i++) {
                if (parseInt(userTime) >= parseInt(ranksTimeTable[i])) {
                    userLevel = i;
                } else {
                    i = ranksTimeTable.length;
                }
            }

if (userLevel <= ranksTimeTable.length - 2) {
                nextLevel = parseInt(userLevel) + 1;
                timeUntilNextRank = parseInt(ranksTimeTable[nextLevel]) - userTime;
                if (userLevel == -1) {
                    $.say($.lang.get('ranks.rank.norank.success', username, timeUntilNextRank, $.inidb.get('ranksMapping', ranksTimeTable[nextLevel].toString())));
                } else {
                    $.say($.lang.get('ranks.rank.success', username, $.inidb.get('ranksMapping', ranksTimeTable[userLevel].toString()), timeUntilNextRank, $.inidb.get('ranksMapping', ranksTimeTable[nextLevel].toString())));
                }
            } else {
                $.say($.lang.get('ranks.rank.maxsuccess', username, $.inidb.get('ranksMapping', ranksTimeTable[userLevel].toString())));
            }
            return;
        }

PhantomBot commands are not just one-liners like the custom commands. They are complex JavaScript programs.

1 Like

You can modify responses in the Panel:

1 Like

Yeah I know :slight_smile: Thanks for your time. To be honest you guys did a great job with it. It’s just amazing

One last thing, you can disable the modules to disable the commands. The trouble is, a lot of commands are related to other commands, so turning off one might send others into a tailspin, so modules are the primary driver. The trick for us is balancing ease of use with usability. It is a hard balancing act at times.

In the Panel:

1 Like

One thing that comes into my mind right now is, is it possible to have mutliple users for the panel? Or is this a planed feature? With different access levels. This would be awesome.

Maybe the false thread to ask for this

It is not planned. PhantomBot started as a local hosted only bot, and a majority of users still use PhantomBot that way. The complexity to make the current Panel multi-user would not be sustainable or meet the needs of a chunk of the user population. Also, PhantomBot includes a very lightweight web server, it isn’t meant to handle a lot of traffic.

At one point I started to design out a multi-user Panel that would use an entirely different architecture and would be a standalone program but it fell away. It would have also required MySQL instead of the built-in SQLite3 database to reduce the load on the bot and to make data more easily accessible through the architecture that I was going to use (Spring Boot).

As we are open source, we welcome people to contribute, perhaps someone will put together a multi-user Panel.

1 Like

Could it be possible, just to add an extra user option? (With same privileges of course).

Something like, manual adding two lines in the botlogin.txt file:

paneluser2=xxx
and panelpassword2=xxx

I would find this useful.

/Michael

This post is not relevant to the request this thread is about. If you search the forums multi user access for the panel has been discussed many times.

Yes, I’m aware of that. My suggestion just seemed more simple than what I could read in the forum.

/Michael.

As I said above, the Panel is designed for one user, as is the underlying lightweight web server built into PhantomBot. As is the socket server. This is why at one point I started considering a multi-user panel using a different stand-alone architecture.

Now, you could modify PhantomBot to support it of course, it is open source. The core would need to be modified to support multiple user authentication.