Date sorting in Webpanel

PhantomBot Version: 3.0.0-1 (Stable (DE)) and 3.0.0 NB-20190825 (Revision: dbd0ef7)
OS Version: Raspberry Pi 3 (Raspbian)
Java Version: 1.8.0_221-b11
Browser and Version (for Panel Support): Firefox (newest) / Chrome (newest)
Stock PhantomBot: Yes

Let us know what help you need:

Hey guys.
As already mentioned in the Phantombot DE Thread (Link (german) with picture), i’ve run into sorting problems in the donations, hosts and raids pages. If I want to sort the columns by date, the page does that only by day and not chronologically.

I also tested it in the nightly build NB-20190825 (Revision: dbd0ef7) and there the sorting is wrong, too.

Best regards.

There is no easy way of sorting dates in our tables, due to the fact that we parse them in the user’s set culture. As you may know, there many different ways a date can be written depending on the culture, this is why it sorts by date (which doesn’t really work well in the first place). Yes we could use a standard date format for everyone, however that has lead to a lot of bad “drama” in the past.

Couldn’t you save the timestamp in a tag and sort on this tag instead of the content? I guess bootstrap had this functionality and the backend looks a little bit like it used bootstrap

I’d have to check if data tables allow you to easily and quickly sort by a value stored in an attitude

Should be fixed in PR #2185

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.