Customizing Default !shoutout command

PhantomBot Version: 3.0.0 (Revision: fcc08b51)
OS Version: Windows 10 10.0 (x86)
Java Version: 1.8.0_171-b11
Browser and Version (for Panel Support): Chrome Version 73.0.3683.86 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Stock PhantomBot: Yes

Wanting to change the default !shoutout command message to something a little more personalized. Searched the forum and there was only one instance of help for this for an older version, which it seems no longer is applicable. How can I modify the script in order to make a more custom message? (also this is my first forum post asking for help so if I’m doing this wrong, please let me know so I can correct myself for future posts.) Thanks in advance!

In the Control Panel. Select Settings from the left menu bar. Select Localization under that once expanded. Click Edit File. Select handlers/handlers-followHandler.js. Scroll and look for followhandler.shoutout.no.game, followhandler.shoutout.offline, and followhandler.shoutout.online. Edit those lines.

1 Like

Thank you so much! I thought I had to go through and look at the JavaScript file and modify it through NotePad or something but this is much easier! I really appreciate the help!

1 Like

This is new to 3.0.0 and the redesigned Control Panel. Glad you find the improvement useful!

1 Like

Definitely! I had 2.4.2 and used the Beta Control Panel so when you guys made it official, I was amazed with all of the further improvements. Seriously keep up the fantastic work!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.