Clip alert refresh rate

To provide the bot information below, you can simply type botinfo in your bot console and hit enter. That will print the bot’s general information. Version 2.4.0+ you may get the versions from the Information panel.

Please remove this line and the lines above to make it less confusing for other users.

PhantomBot Version: 3.0.0
OS Version: 10 10.0 (x86)
Java Version: 1.8.0_221-b11
Browser and Version (for Panel Support): Chrome 75
Stock PhantomBot: Yes

Let us know what help you need:

Hi, how do I increase the refresh rate of the clip alerts? It seems to pull the latest clip once every 10 minutes. How do I change this value?

It’s actually polled every 30 seconds.

Twitch is known to cache the results from API calls to prevent you from massively hitting their database. This means that after the first API request for a particular URL, it will return a saved copy of that first response for a certain amount of time, before it expires.

Perhaps I should’ve clarified that I was talking about the Discord clip alerts.

While I understand what you’re saying, it strikes me as odd that these alerts are sent at exact 10 minute intervals regardless of how many or when a clip was created. And that regardless of how close to the 10 minute mark the last clip is made, it always that last clip that is output.

Twitch only updates the API once every 10 minutes, however at times it can take longer or just never receive the clip. It’s not a stable API.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.