Bot refuses to show stream is done or leave or change title in discord

PhantomBot Version: 3.0.0 (Revision: fcc08b51)
OS Version: Linux
Java Version: 1.8.0_181-b13
Browser and Version (for Panel Support): Chrome
Stock PhantomBot: Yes/No (Yes if you have not modified the scripts or Java Core) Yes

Let us know what help you need:
Bot is stuck in discord and literally won’t leave or change status.
So. Stream went live a few days back , and the bot like always changed it’s icon to purple in discord and made an announcement, and shows the stream title. Stream ended, bot stays in stream is live mode. New day, new live notification, but old stream title being shown. Stream ends, biot is still showing as live from two days ago.
I log into the server and manually stop the bot. Bot leaves the twitch channel, but stays in discord server and still says stream is live.
Bot not responding to commands in discord though.
Start bot on server, it shows up in twitch stream, and responds to commands in discord, but still showing as live from the few days ago.
Next, I stop the bot, wait 30 minutes, bot is still in discord (has left twitch channel), so I kick the bot from the discord server. I then restart the bot on the server, and bring the bot back via discord admin to the discord server where, you guessed it, it’s still showing the stream is live (it’s not) with the same stream title as day one of issue. This time though (after giving it appropriate permissions and roles), it doesn’t respond to commands in discord server.

So I look at the modules and disable/re-enable the relevant ones - customsCommands.js, streamHandler.js, and promoteSystem.js still no response to commands and still showing the twitch stream as live when it’s not, and still showing the same stream title from the day it started.

I can give logs, if you tell me where to find them.

edited to add, I did search the support forum and found nothing recent or even close to this issue

edit 2: rebooting the server got the bot to respond to commands in discord again - still shows as the stream being online with the same game title as a few days aback though, also even though the server was copmpletely powered down for a few seconds, the bot never left discord

This sounds like a possible network issue or JVM issue on your side if the socket connection to Discord drops when you reboot the server. It also sounds like the bot is not able to talk to Twitch API to get information to know when the stream goes up or down.

What specific version of Linux are you running and are you running Oracle JDK or OpenJDK?

Sorry for the delay in getting back. Sleep caught up to me.
Issue MAY have resolved. Stream is live at the moment, bot is now showing the correct stream title now. When stream ends, I’ll see if the bot changes its icon from purple to normal green and get back to you.

Specifically though Linux is Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS
Java:
java version “1.8.0_181”
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_181-b13)
Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.181-b13, mixed mode)

Like I said though, I’ll report back after stream has ended

Seems to have resolved now. I did an update to the OS and did a full shut down so one or both of those could have fixed it.

Either way, thanks for getting back. I should have tried the “turn it off and back on again” approach before posting.

Cheers

You are fine. The way that you described it just seemed like an odd [socket] connection issue. I am glad to hear it is resolved!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.