bitsHandler issue?

PhantomBot Version: 3.0.0
OS Version: Windows 10 10.0
Java Version: 1.8.0_211-b12
Browser and Version (for Panel Support): 1.0.0
Stock PhantomBot: Yes

Hi, I can’t tell if this is a Phantombot issue or a twitch issue, however, here’s my problem. I can’t get the bitsHandler to update the files anymore. When I get cheers in my chat, Streamlabs notices and pops up an alert. Twitch seems to be tracking these cheers in my Twitch Dashboard fine. But phantombot is not updating the bitsHandler text files.

I normally do use a modded Phantombot, but I decided to test using a fresh install of Phantombot (with my botlogin.txt file) and none of the text files are being updated in the addons/bitsHandler folder. In the Dashboard > Settings > Modules, I made sure to enable bitsHandler. As a test, I also enabled subscribeHandler. In the console, I typed “subscribertest”, the console said it was executing a subscribertest, and it updated the text files in addons/subscribeHandler with the new fake sub. In the console, I typed “bitstest”, the console said it was executing bitstest, and none of the files in addons/bitsHandler updated (time stamps are from when I unzipped the files).

So, did twitch update their bits events? Is this a Phantombot issue or should I contact twitch? Thanks for reading.

Edit: I would like to add that this started happening about 10 days ago, but I thought I had broken something since I was messing around in my modded Phantombot’s bitsHandler file. But since I tested this with a stock Phantombot install, I don’t think I did anything to break it.

Hey gelatinguy,

This is more than likely an issue with PhantomBot, when you ran the bitstest command in the console, did the bot say anything in chat? If not, this would mean that the alert toggle for bits is maybe disabled.

When the toggle is disable, PhantomBot will not write or update any data to the latest cheer file.

To ensure that the toggle is enabled, you can go under the alerts section of the control panel, and click the cog wheel for the bits alerts panel and make sure that “Enable Bits Alerts” is set to “Yes”.

Oh, that’s a little weird, but I did what you said and it works. I can find a workaround to keep it from announcing the bits in chat, but still write to file. Thanks!

Edit: My workaround was to set the bits minimum to a higher number so it doesn’t spam my chat with messages when people do small cheers (it still writes to file regardless of the cheer amount).

1 Like