Another Bot Running but Not Showing

PhantomBot Version: 3.0.0
OS Version:Win 10
Java Version: Java 1.8.0_221
Browser and Version (for Panel Support): Latest Chrome Update
Stock PhantomBot: Yes/No (Yes if you have not modified the scripts or Java Core) Yes

Hello,

I am getting an error saying another bot is running on my PC but I am unable to see the bot. I have checked out task manager and even rebooted. I am getting the error below, can someone help out? Thanks!

[10-02-2019 @ 20:28:01.681 GMT] [ERROR] [checkPortAvailabity()@PhantomBot.java:334] Port is already in use: 25000
[10-02-2019 @ 20:28:01.682 GMT] [ERROR] [checkPortAvailabity()@PhantomBot.java:335] Ensure that another copy of PhantomBot is not running.
[10-02-2019 @ 20:28:01.682 GMT] [ERROR] [checkPortAvailabity()@PhantomBot.java:336] If another copy is not running, try to change baseport in ./config/botlogin.txt
[10-02-2019 @ 20:28:01.682 GMT] [ERROR] [checkPortAvailabity()@PhantomBot.java:337] PhantomBot will now exit.
Press any key to continue . . .

Image on Bot PC

As stated in that error message. It does not necessarily mean another bot is running, just that the port is already in use.

You can use Google to find guides for how to check ports in use/a more detailed guide.

Running netstat -a -b in a command window should get you what you need however.

Thank you for the quick reply.

Can you explain why my bot is still in my twitch channel? Lol

I run !twitter or !discord and it still runs the command and provides a response.

Ports 25000, 25003, and 25004 are listed as listening when I run that command.

You have it running in the background then. Did you setup it up to run as a service perhaps?

You can kill all the Java processes running via task manager and it should stop.

Awesome KILLING JAVA worked haha, the PC crashed on my last night when I was teamviewered in Thank you for the help, never thought to kill Java.

Thanks for the quick reply and the awesome support!