Announcements are being deleted by the bot

PhantomBot Version: 2.4.1 (Revision: 6a2fb20d)
Control Panel Version 1.1
Java Version: 1.8.0_161-b12
OS Version: Linux

Control Panel Software
jQuery 1.10.2
jQuery UI 1.11.4
Bootstrap 3.3.6
Font Awesome 4.5.0
Ion.Sound 3.0.7
FlotCharts 0.8.3
FooTable 3.0.10
ReconnectingWebsocket

Let us know what help you need:
The bot has been announcing a going live alert in discord for a while, and the announcement normally stays there for ever more or less. As of a few days ago, it announces the stream is live, then when the stream is done, it deletes that announcement. I haven’t updated the bot, or made any changes to it. Any idea o why this would be happening? The discord log shows nothing at all. Normally if a person does something it says person x did y but here it shows nothing. The announcements just vanish. I would check the bot logs but not sure where they are.

It also seems to be that the announcement gets deleted when the stream goes offline. Like I said this only started happening as of about a week ago - nothing has changed on the bot in terms of updates

This topic has already been addressed here. Please search to make sure your issue has not already been covered.

Thanks!

Let us know what help you need:
The bot has been announcing a going live alert in discord for a while, and the announcement normally stays there for ever more or less. As of a few days ago, it announces the stream is live, then when the stream is done, it deletes that announcement. I haven’t updated the bot, or made any changes to it. Any idea o why this would be happening? The discord log shows nothing at all. Normally if a person does something it says person x did y but here it shows nothing. The announcements just vanish. I would check the bot logs but not sure where they are.

It also seems to be that the announcement gets deleted when the stream goes offline. Like I said this only started happening as of about a week ago - nothing has changed on the bot in terms of updates

I am opening a new ticket because I can’t unlock a locked post and I disagree with the answer provided - I don’t think the person that locked it read the issue correctly before assuming I didn’t search.

My reply to the “please search before posting” comment

It doesn’t answer it really. That post is about thumbnails showing up twice then in the nightly build having the post deleted with no toggle, mine is about the whole post being deleted where 2 weeks ago this didn’t happen and with no change to the bot in terms of versions in between it not deleting and then deleting. Thanks for the link, but I don’t agree it’s the same thing. Especially since there was no upgrade or change in version of the bot between it happening and not happening

Hey there,

this is a feature that was added, in our next update, hopefully I will have a toggle added to prevent this for user who don’t want to use this feature.

Added how? If I don’t update the bot, how is it being implemented without a physical update? When was it added?

You’re running version 2.4.1, which is the latest release that has this change.

I don’t understand why it’s just now started happening where 2 weeks ago it wasn’t, the announcements from 2 weeks ago are still there and it’s been running this version for over a month. Is it possible there was an error that stopped the announcements being deleted?

Announcement only get deleted if the bot keeps running after it posted the message, so if you turned it off mid stream, or before the stream ended, the messages wouldn’t get deleted.

It runs 24/7. Weird. Okay, I’ let the people messaging me asking where the announcements have gone of the situation. Thank you for a decent answer.

1 Like

Has this been addressed in 3.0? It’d be lovely to find out where that toggle for this is if it has!

Thanks

and this was posted about PhantomBot Version: 2.4.1 so id say yes

That’s Scania only saying that it will autodelete the message in a new version. Not that being able to toggle it will be implemented.