A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:

I keep getting this error after running phantombot and I’ve tried install Java multiple times but no solution.

A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:

SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x7582514e, pid=6490, tid=0x7534f460

JRE version: OpenJDK Runtime Environment (8.0_191-b12) (build 1.8.0_191-8u191-b12-2ubuntu0.18.04.1-b12)

Java VM: OpenJDK Client VM (25.191-b12 mixed mode linux-aarch32 )

Problematic frame:

V [libjvm.so+0x31814e]

Core dump written. Default location: /home/sosar/phantombot/core or core.6490

An error report file with more information is saved as:

/home/sosar/phantombot/hs_err_pid6490.log

If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:

http://bugreport.java.com/bugreport/crash.jsp

./launch.sh: line 50: 6490 Aborted (core dumped) java -Dinteractive -Xms1m -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -jar PhantomBot.jar ${1}
[email protected]:~/phantombot$
\

Any chance you know the OS or version of PhantomBot that you are using? Any changes made? When does it crash? After a few minutes? Immediately? Is this an upgrade?

The OS I’m using is Ubuntu MATE and the version of PhantomBot is 3.0.0. No changes were made and it crashes right after the error I posted above, (It connects to the channel and everything loads fine until the error is displayed, almost immediately). This is not an upgrade

So, when you file a ticket we ask for:

PhantomBot Version
OS Version
Java Version

In the future, always provide that first. I would prefer to see what PhantomBot reports though, and that is reported at boot up.

Try to swap over to Oracle’s Java 8. I do not use Mate so I cannot tell you how to install the package. Is this on a Raspberry Pi by chance? If so, the only OS that we have seen work properly with Java is Debian Jessie, there are forum posts on this.

One thing of interest is that you are using a 32-bit version and PhantomBot can allocate memory beyond the 32-bit boundary, which may be causing your issue. Can you provide the hs_err_pid6490.log file as well. As the error indicates, you may have identified a bug in Java, as it is asking you to submit a bug report there but I cannot tell without the logs (which we also ask for when the ticket is filed).

Alright, so I swapped over the Debian Jessie OS, as I am using a Raspberry Pi. However, I’m still receiving the same issue.

PhantomBot Version: 3.0.0
OS Version: April 2019
Java Version: openjdk version 1.8,8_212

Here is the log file:hs_err_pid6874.rar (8.8 KB)

Thanks for your help but I was able to set it up properly using the information from this post: Raspberry Pi 3, Ubuntu Mate and PhantomBot
Thanks again!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.